Saturday, October 23, 2010

Off to SAFF

Headed down to Asheville for the Southeast Animal Fiber Fair. I am excited for many reasons.

First, the young woman who is considering being my apprentice is going down with me. I have only met her once so it will be good to get to know her better. We are going to camp in the van overnight tonight which I always love even when it is cold as it will probably be tonight (we had our first frost last night here).

It is always exhilarating meeting and being around fiber animals and fiber people. Very fun to pick up new supplies. And I got in to the workshop I was on the wait list for. It is a workshop that goes into more of the technical side of spinning.

We leave mid day so I am going to spend the morning organizing my fiber stuff here so that when I come back with new ideas and new knowledge I can take off running. Does that sound like me? Some things need to move at a slower pace with contemplation.

I am going to set up my fiber studio in the cabin. My equipment and fiber are taking over our house and it is time. Then I can go to work and get away from the distractions of the house.

Thor seems to fit the new ram so it is nice not to have to think about his name anymore. That wasn't so hard (thanks Lyndy - sorry Gail). If all goes well in the next few weeks there will be many names to think of for next Spring. I will let you know when to start submitting your ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment