Saturday, June 5, 2010

Work must be something you want to run to


Wouldn't it be great if everyone was this excited to go to work. But then look who they work for.


Looks like Mira and Annie are making requests.

And they have great benefits. The other day when all were lounging one of the chickens was on Beau's back. Then three others ran over him to get to where they were going. Beau and the sheep are still in control though and the chickens know it. If you asked the chickens if they had any complaints they would say they don't get let out early enough and sometimes they are sent back to the coop before they want to go. Isn't that the way it always goes--the bureaucrats.

I have quit my away job. Same reason; I loved the clients I worked for but the people who made the decisions were going wacky. A good friend of mine said to me yesterday, "that kind of job was like walking into a blender (pretty graphic)". So now I am here at the farm everyday unless I choose to go elsewhere. I sleep better, I have more time to do fiber stuff, and I am more grounded and aware of my surroundings.

I have some evolving ideas about what I am going to do next. When they clarify -- I will share.

5 comments:

  1. Great timing, you will have more time for Carley and I when we make our very brief visit. Hope the date works out for you, I will call you or email soon. In the mean time, enjoy life and the sounds, sights and smells of the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some day we should talk about wacky colleagues. I, too, vote for the farm, and self-employment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that---can't wait to hear what you decide to do next. Life is an adventure, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't tell you how happy I am that you chose farming, for selfish reasons, I'll admit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are where you belong. I agree, if I could just take care of patients and not worry about the management I would be much, much happier. The only problem with being self employed is that you have to figure out what you want to do. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete