Saturday, June 26, 2010

Low-key

Yesterday, I was talking to one of my good friends who is coming to visit for a few days. She is driving close to 14 hours to see me. I was trying to get an idea of what she might like to do while she is here. She said she wanted the visit to be low-key--- she was just coming to see me. I think trimming hooves might be considered low-key but I am not sure about snake proofing; I guess that depends on if we see the snake in the process.

When we were talking, all I could think of was spending time in the rivers and creeks because it was SO hot. Then last night, a cool breeze came up out of the north and drove out the humidity so today's 91 degrees feels much better than yesterday's. Beau has been taking alot of dust baths to cool of. The sheep and chickens have been finding the tree area cooler than the barn it seems. At least the evenings are still tolerable and I love to go down and hang out with the critters around 5:00.

For yesterday's happy hour I took strawberries to share. Beau wasn't interested but the chickens were ecstatic. Sarah, my fruit and veggie sheep came down in time to get the last one. Today I want to see if they will eat the pumpkin/zucchini that got big when I wasn't looking. Karen says any squash is good if you cook it long enough. I would add --- and if you combine it with butter or better yet chocolate.

Looking forward to a low-key few days. Actually, most days now are low-key.

3 comments:

  1. Trimming hooves? You sure know how to entertain. Kind of like I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind of reminds me of Nat King Coles song. "Roll out those lazy hazy crazy days of summer...those days of soda and pretzel and beer....enjoy visiting with your friend. Cath

    ReplyDelete
  3. Low key? Well, how about "Old Man River?" See it low like Paul Robeson. Did Karen mention, you could use our kayaks?

    ReplyDelete