Thursday, April 22, 2010

And Annie makes 6

Annie, the smallest of the sheep and one of the Finns, was shorn today which completes shearing for this season unless I get motivated to even them up a little. They are a bit shabby. Actually I do have one small area of Sarah that got missed. Beau will get sheared next month because llamas don't tolerate the cold as well as sheep. I think I mentioned, one of the sons of the woman I got Beau from is going to shear Beau. I am interested to see how that goes.

Annie, though small, took a long time. She was nervous like Mira and kept her head down most of the time. Sarah stayed with her and was great.

Looking back on the whole affair, I don't know if I would change anything for the next time. I have already forgotten the hard parts (except for the last 2). Maybe it would be good to start with Mira and Annie next time. Someone remind me.

I am SO impressed with Karen and my abilities as sheep shearers but not ready to hire us out yet.

On to the next project---- rotational grazing.

3 comments:

  1. Where's the picture of Annie? I'm impressed you finished her already.
    I can take no credit it the real shearing. That's all you Susan. I'm just a holder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading out shearing the sheep....almost makes me want to help next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tryed to post several comments but they ended up in cyberspace. Gave you all my comments in my phone call yesterday. Good to talk to you. Gail

    ReplyDelete