Wednesday, July 21, 2010

An Extended Time Away

7 days ago, I left Rockbridge to go to a nephew's wedding in Philadelphia. The plan was to be home 2 days later. On the way, one of my best friends, Rosemary, called to say her mom was dying. So, after the wedding, I headed back to NYC with other nephews that were at the wedding and took at train to Portland ME.

It was easy to make sure that the animals were taken care of in my absence for a few days but now additional plans need to be made. Rosemary's mom is still with us and everyone is surprised. It is not the time to leave yet but I hope I will be home soon.

When Rosemary was visiting several weeks ago I gave her some of the new shorn fleece as she is a superb spinner and knitter. It is funny to see all the fleece here and it makes me miss the sheep and Beau even more.

Yesterday, Rosemary needed to get out for a bit so she took me to a great fiber supply store. I bought a flick carder that I had been interested in trying on some locks so I can spin with even less preparation. Then we came back here and I tried it on Amelia's fleece and Charlotte's fleece. It works great and I can't wait to get back home and use it more.

I am wondering if Beau, the sheep, and the chickens miss me. It will be interesting to see how they react when I do come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment