Sunday, November 24, 2013

Not Yet


Not yet, but it feels like it may be coming soon.

Today was a cold November day.  There was some good sun, so I thought it would be nice in the fiber studio but it was still cold especially on my hands, so when a fiber friend came over we decided to spin by the wood stove in the house.

I hadn't spun in a few weeks and when I sat down to spin, I couldn't keep the wheel going.  I finally figured out it was the chair I was sitting in.  Strange.  Because of the way the seat sunk a little, it changed how my leg muscles worked.  At least it didn't take me too long to figure out what was going on.

Meanwhile, the sheep and Cher enjoyed grazing by the cabin again.  Now that the upper pasture has little grazing left, and cabin dwellers are gone until spring, the animals have been spending more time in the lower pasture and around the cabin.

We decided not to have guest in the cabin over the winter because winters around here are just too unpredictable and access to the cabin can be difficult in any kind of wet and cold.  It will be nice to have a few very quiet months.

John has some furniture and cabinet building lined up in his shop and I have plenty of fleece to spin, whether in the fiber studio or by the wood stove, so I guess we are ready for whatever comes, though I would like to drive some fence posts before the ground gets too cold.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't like seeing the picture of your barn in snow, even though I knew you couldn't have gotten any yet. I'M NOT READY FOR COLD!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete