Thursday, August 19, 2010

On to a New Focus

Bat house is up, bird bath is curing, Holly bush is trimmed back, thanks to Adam's help, projects are flying off the list. Those are just this week. Hopefully we will get the cedar logs I need out of the woods tomorrow or next week and then I lose my farm hand to college. I feel really good about what we have accomplished.

I always have so many projects in different stages occupying space in my house, my outbuildings, my yard, and my mind. It seems like John always has one project he is focussing on at a time. He is organized, mostly, and it gets DONE in a reasonable amount of time. I am just not that kind of person and I am O.K. with that.

When you live in the country and want to make money living in the country I think you have to do many different things and maybe, all combined, you can scratch out a living. I am not sure which aspect of the fiber process will bring in money so I think I should just keep a broad mind and try many things. With extra outside projects out of the way I can now focus primarily on the fiber end of things.

Yesterday, with it being much cooler, the animals were out in the pasture two of the times I went down to the barn. When I went to close the chicken door, the sheep and Beau came to greet me by the gate and seemed to be glad to see me. I am going to start clicker training tomorrow so I will be spending more time with them. This should be interesting. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment