Monday, April 21, 2014

Farm Work - Finally COMPLETED some Projects

Just finished a week of fiber camp.  It is Spring Break for the local schools. But before the cool pictures of Fiber Camp, pictures of all the work we got done before camp.

We brought two new fruit trees home to put in the orchard.  We built these hurtle panels from the design of the fences at the museum shown in a previous blog.  They are lashed together with baling twine (the next best thing to duct tape).  I hesitate to include these pictures because I have readers up north.  The grass isn't quite as green as it looks in this picture but the peach tree did blossom.  I hope not too soon, we are still having some night frosts.



The fencing is done in the upper pasture.
I like the way it turned out.  Now the sheep
are rotating and I can plant some new orchard grass & timothy seed in each pasture as the sheep move out.


John built two gates at the top of 2 pastures.



























This picture is kind of like another but without the snow and the sheep are much smaller (eating some morning hay- was that last week?  Look how the walnut tree is almost dancing.

Maybe this week I can get some more planting done.


1 comment:

  1. AHHHH, LIFE ON THE FARM...LOVE THE FRUIT TREES (I will keep my fingers crossed) and The Dancing Walnut Tree. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete