Saturday, February 2, 2013

What Does It Mean?


Crazy weather!  A week of cold followed by a sunny 67 degree day, followed by a dark, windy, flash rain day (4 inches).  The animals don't seem to mind any of it. 



I don't mind cold and I definitely don't mind snow, plenty of rain is good and for that matter I don't mind sun and 67 degrees, but all in one week?  It is disorienting to say the least.

This morning I woke up to 15 degrees but the wind had finally subsided so it didn't seem that cold.  I got dressed for the cold and went down to feed the animals early because I had to be to my hay supplier by 9.  I still have to break ice or add water to buckets for the chickens but we now have two hydrants that are frost free so I don't have to haul water from the house.  Instead of the old adage "best thing since sliced bread", around here, we say, "best thing since frost free hydrants".

Today is one of my favorite days of the year; groundhog day.  I never really understood whether it was better if the groundhog saw or didn't see his shadow.  Which one means Spring will come earlier?  And now after this week of STRANGE weather, I don't know what Winter means or what to expect for Spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment