Sunday, February 9, 2020

Just Right



I am grateful for evergreens and the winter color of flowers and berries.  There are many signs that Spring is not far away but it is still winter.  We could and may get more snow.  We could have single digit nights still, but unlikely.  I am grateful for each season as it comes even though I am not alway ready to leave the one we are in.

I love the things that don't seem to fit the seasons, like the yellow flower of Winter Jasmine.  Yellow flowers seem to belong in Spring and Summer.  I love the new little tufts of green grass.  I love when there is a warm wind where there should be a cold.  I heard the rumble of distant thunder a few days ago.

I am grateful for the clear blue sky today after days of clouds and I will be grateful for the next rain when it comes even though we had at least 5 inches of rain in the past few days.   

Some of the things that seem out of season or more severe may be signs of climate change but I am grateful that Mother Earth has ways of making mankind take notice.  I am always grateful for reminders when I need to take action. 

There are many things that are not the way I would like them to be but there are many more that are just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment