Thursday, April 16, 2020

Even on Hard Days

I am grateful.  The gosling count this year was up to 8 today and then we lost one, a birth defect.  Another is having difficulties.

  Loss is hard even when it is a 1 day old gosling, many are losing mothers or fathers or sisters or brothers sons and daughters and other family and friends.  Such a difficult time.

  I am grateful for uplifting stories that are being shared.  Yesterday, we heard an interview with a couple that were getting married.  The man is 107 and his wife to be, 100.  They sounded so happy and excited.

  We took a ride today to one of our favorite spots.  The canyon was gorgeous with all the wild dogwood and redbuds and the river rushing and out of its banks.  

Each day I still wake up excited about the possibilities for the day and grateful that I get to be a part of it.  I feel strangely removed from all the hardship, anxiety, and sadness that others are experiencing. I don't find myself worried about the future and in fact I see myself as a part of the future healing and I will be grateful for that opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment