Monday, June 26, 2017

Snakes and Boats

Let's see, June is almost over so I guess I better catch up on what has been going on here.

 The highlight of Fiber Camp was the snake in one of the drawers.  It was just a 2'+ black snake.  No problem except for the initial shock (to the campers and the snake).  One of them just put it out of the fiber studio.  It was the week before Father's Day so many of the campers were making something for their dads.




I like this kayak that was needle felted.  

We have had lots of rain and a beautiful spring.  It was hot the week of fiber camp but we didn't notice too much.

The first day of summer, John and I went to see the batteaues travel down the James River.  They start in Lynchburg and go all the way to Richmond, taking several days.  


We saw them in Scottsville. 

 I have always loved boats.  I loved living on a boat for a year but I had a few more amenities.  The batteau carried cargo down river, back in the day.  No motor, just oars and poles. 


I often think about the woman I met that had Finn sheep in Finland.  In the summer, they would go on a boat to an island where they would spend the summer grazing.  Her sheep looked forward to the ride and easily boarded the boat.  I wonder what the sheep here would think of taking a ride on a bateau.  I think they might like it, at least some of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment