Saturday, December 5, 2015

TREACHEROUS

This is the time of the year I am not sure if I like it to be warmer or cooler.  It rained more than 2" at the beginning of the week.  It can rain frequently this time of year.  Not a problem if there were more grass but when the grass is short and the animals are eating hay, the area near the main gate, where there is a lot of traffic, can get quite muddy.




Even the pastures get slip-slidy and it becomes treacherous (more so on 2 feet).

When it turn cold the mud looks like this










Then it becomes hard to walk on but it is no longer slippery.  Mira walks carefully toward the pasture.


I think the animals prefer the mud.  I know the bird do.  They do not like the cold under their feet so we put down areas of straw, here and there.



The last couple of mornings we have had HEAVY frosts.  






 It is so beautiful to look at but definitely difficult to maneuver through.

1 comment:

  1. I really hate the mud but I also hate the cold. Hmmm, I guess warm and dry is all I want. Is that too much to ask?

    ReplyDelete