Wednesday, January 5, 2011

SHEEP's Eye View and LLama too

This is the view from high up in the main pasture. Breath taking but the sheep are always looking down. Beau seems to look around alot but with his long neck he has a different perspective. Beau is a guard llama so it is his job to notice everything. Maybe on a beautiful Spring day when their stomachs are full, they all do look up and think to themselves "we've got it made".

Not really sure what sheep's vision is but I do know that when I am up here I feel like I am on top of the world with no place better to be.

Yesterday we traded places; I went up to take pictures for my web page, to be up and running in the next few months. The sheep and Beau walked along the driveway finding fresh green grass- a welcome change from hay.


Here Mira and Hildegard munch unaware of how photogenic they are complimenting the winter palate.

It was a beautiful day and I cleaned up around the barn and barnyard with my new 2 wheel wheelbarrow. The sheep kept coming up to see if I was getting out any grain-- the grass was green and good but grain is always better. They got good exercise going back and forth.

The chickens cover considerable ground these days; from way up by the house to down by the spring and to the end of the driveway. With all animals occupied and content it was a good day for major clean up.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day. You have a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They DO have it made. Lucky sheep and llama. Are the chickens flying over the fence now and free ranging?

    ReplyDelete