Monday, January 20, 2020

Some Days More Things Come to Mind










I am grateful for Today.  I was reminded twice how wonderful things come out if you let others help using their talents.

 This morning a new acquaintance brought his clinometer over to Boxerwood to take some elevations for an accessible  trail we want to develop.  I didn't know about clinometers before and now I want one; what a useful tool.

As the day went on, it warmed a little and I was able to sit on a sunny step with my tea, to write.
I have been reading a book about conscious living.  One of the exercises in the book is a "life review" where you review your life in 7 year segments and write about memories and influences and special events and feelings.  Today, I embarked on the first 7 years of my life.  The exercise was very interesting and enlightening.

  The animals joined me (not in writing but in being present) and I believe they were very grateful  for the change of scenery and more even ground without frost heaves.  The geese were grateful that I filled a bowl with water so they didn't have to go all the way back to the barnyard for a drink.  I happened to be sitting in the line of flight of some bluejays; back and forth.  They are noisy flyers and certainly noticed when one is writing.  I was grateful that they did not drop anything on me.

When we all returned to the barnyard, it was nice to see that some body/ies evenly distributed the straw that I threw out for the geese this morning.  When it is COLD their feet get cold and they like straw to stand on.  I forget how good the chickens and geese are at moving straw around.  Pretty sure it was the chickens today; the geese do it differently.
 Anyway, a Lovely Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment