Sunday, January 4, 2015

Who Will Come?

It occurred to me a few days ago that if John was going to be away for a week, I should have a  week long Ruckus.

Ruckus, at Cabin Spring FArm, is when people come and play with fleece and equipment and create and try out things they have been curious about.  It is about finding out what you can do with wool.

We usually have a Ruckus Day once a month for 3 or 4 hours.  When it is cold, however, we tend not to have Ruckus Days since the Fiber Studio is not heated.  BUT the house is heated and John isn't here so we can bring whatever we want into the house for a few days and surround ourselves with fiber projects.

I just thought of this great idea a few days ago.  I dashed off an email to ninety some people on my Virginia fiber enthusiasts email list, put up 3 flyers in town, and talked to a couple of people but tomorrow is the 1st day and I have NO idea if anyone is coming at all this week.  I suggested that people let me know if they knew ahead but I don't know if people know ahead unless they can't make it.  It could be an interesting week.

As much as I would like people to come, it doesn't really matter since I have decided to commit to doing a great deal of fiber work this week.  It is just more fun to have others to play with.

After a mild day today (around 60 degrees), it is going to be 35 for a high tomorrow.  At least it is supposed to be sunny, finally.  And the weather inside will be just fine, by the fire.

I don't know who will come, but I do know it will be the right people.  Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment