Thursday, July 4, 2013

Let Freedom Ring

Happy 4th of July.  I am very happy because I went to the doctor yesterday to have staples removed from my broken ankle and have a hard cast put on, but I didn't have to have a cast put on!  My wonderful doctor gave me a boot instead.  I still can not put any weight on my right foot for at least 4 more weeks, maybe 6, but I can take the boot off for a few minutes when I need to.  I can take it off to shower, ice it, rub or itch it.  I can move it gently.  No prison for my ankle.  I can even put healing ointments on it.  What a relief.

The ankle is still uncomfortable, especially at night, but the doctor said eventually I can sleep without the boot too.  Any way, how appropriate that my right ankle should gains its freedom on Independence Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment