Friday, June 1, 2012

A Good Trade

Peas for a tire- now that  was a pretty good trade.  Actually, you can trade just about anything you have for something a neighbor has hanging around.  The tire is part of the new trough.  Now that we have a tire, the work can be started Monday! 



The tire seems to be in good shape and was pretty clean for sitting in the woods for who knows how long.  When we took the truck back through the pastures to where it was we saw beautiful museum pieces, mostly old farm machinery.  It is interesting how things end up where they do, a story behind each object and usually there is a brother or buddy somewhere in the story that left the item or was going to ......

 Now this tire will begin a new life as a watering trough.  So, today I was checking for leaks and cleaning it with a bleach solution.  The sheep were very interested until I made some kind of noise with the tire and they all took off.

Earlier today, I was weed whacking in the veggie garden very carefully because I was afraid our resident rabbits might have a rabbit hole in there like they did one year.  Fortunately, they didn't but later when I was weeding in the dyeing garden I found where the rabbit hole is.  It is right in the center of the garden.


I got a little close before I realized and took out some weeds the rabbits probably wish I hadn't and then it rained.  I saw one of the rabbits later and apologized but he/she didn't seem as friendly as usual (I hope it was my imagination).  I try not to disturb the animals who live here, but sometimes (see yesterday's blog), it is necessary.  Why with all the area around here, do they choose to live near where we walk and work? Sometimes, I wish I could make trades with animals, like- you come here and hold still or don't poop in the barn or.... and  I will make it worth your while.   A good trade, I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment