Monday, March 21, 2011

Zora


Sarah's little girl has a name thanks to Lyndy. Her name is Zora; a perfect name for her.

Zora got to go out into the real world today. Her mom was great about showing her around. Check out Zora's day. Click on the pictures to enlarge and see one reason why Zora fits her so well.



It was so cute to see Sarah taking such good care of Zora; not letting her go out into the pasture, checking out Sarah's favorite spots.



Hanging around with the flock.

I thought it would be better if Zora stayed in the little pasture for a few days so she wouldn't get out in the open pasture. That wasn't Sarah's plan; she had that all figured out. They went through the barn, around the barn, up into the trees, back to the barn, around the barn, along the fence. It was beautiful to watch.

Sarah discouraged the sheep from getting too close but allow Beau to be right with them. Beau immediately started looking out for her. The rest of the sheep decided to go to the far end of the pasture but Sarah kept Zora close to the barn. Beau checked out where the sheep were going and seemed torn between going with them and staying with Sarah and Zora-- he stayed with Sarah and Zora.

I have to keep reminding myself that I am just the grandmother and should not interfere-mother knows best.

I did help a little at bedtime. First, I had to get Sarah and Zora back into their jug so I could use grain to coax the rest into the barn for the night without worrying about them stepping on Zora. Mira should be close to her time and I wanted her to be in the barn for the night. John helped me get everyone where they needed to be and then came the lightening, thunder, and heavy heavy rain. It passed through quickly but I was glad everyone was in the barn.

5 comments:

  1. I love it! Can't wait to meet her siblings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zora is a great name--and what a sweetie. Sarah looks like she is being such a good mom...and good for Beau for staying close.

    Looking forward to seeing everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zora and Mom are so sweet together. I hope Beau likes me, he's really special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Gail's friend, Charlotte. So cute! Love the pictures and Zora's name is perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe how much bigger she looks already, probably because she's standing up and looking sturdier. I thought for sure I'd get a call from you today saying Mira had hers.

    ReplyDelete