Thursday, February 24, 2011

Veriditas

Veriditas= green truth- the healing power of nature. Today it has been raining most of the day and suddenly there is the observance of an abundance of new green growth. So sweet like the fuzz on a newborn's head. There have been little hints of Spring's coming but today it is like God took a paint brush filled with all shades of green water color and drew it across a winter scene sketched in ink. I am especially excited for the sheep and Beau as soon they will have all the fresh green grass they can eat.

But today is special. NOW is the promise that healing is coming. Hope, anticipation, new life. I can't remember exactly how I was introduced to Hildegard of Bingen and her veriditas- I think through a book about healing gardens. It was many years ago but I do remember the profound effect the word had on me.

I have read parts of several books about the life of Saint Hildegard of Bingen, a very amazing woman and she is who Hildegard is named after. Is that bad to name a sheep after someone so incredible?


No comments:

Post a Comment