Friday, April 30, 2010

Graduation Day


John's chickens graduated today from a cardboard box in the guest room to their new chicken coop in the barnyard.
Now all the animals can begin to get acquainted. Beau is very interested. Their squawking scared Sarah.

It was the perfect day for moving day. Tonight and the next few nights are suppose to be nice-- in the 60s. A couple of nights ago we had a frost.

I set them up with a red night light from my head lamp. Now they just have to get used to being outside and night sounds. I am a little nervous for them but they should be fine. I think they are going to love the outside world.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing how quick they grow. I'm surprised they didn't keep you awake at night being in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't believe how much they've grown since I saw them, what? a week and a half ago? How exciting. I can't wait to move my turkeys outdoors. Our house is beginning to smell like turkeys. That's a great picture of Beau looking at them.

    ReplyDelete