Wednesday, April 28, 2010

AN ANSWER

Today I went to the CO OP to get a couple more pieces for the fence project. I was looking for something to attach the positive wire from the controller to the perimeter fence. I did find some little hardware pieces but there were several in a package and I needed one and you needed a crimping tool. So I find a young girl who works there and we start talking and then she calls in Laura. Laura was my teacher today.

Richard Bach says in ILLUSIONS "Teaching is reminding others that they know just as well as you". Laura said today "we are women --we can do it" (or something like that) and then said we have to use our imaginations and do things differently. Well, that was just what I was telling myself yesterday but it didn't makes things any easier. I proceeded to tell Laura the story of the grounding rod and she took me over and showed me THE tool. She told me with this tool small people like us can do what others can do. It pounds in T bars and ground rods and that kind of thing and you stand up on the back of a pick-up truck to get it started. That is what I was doing the other day when I was trying to pound in the ground rod in a different location but I didn't have THE tool.

It is so exciting knowing that Laura and others like her are out there and I am not alone. I feel like I am going through farmers initiation-- like I have proved myself worthy of holding the answers of how things are done on a farm but I don't think I will ever achieve the full fledged title of farmer (too many hours and too much equipment). That is O.K. I just want to get some things done around with some kind of efficiency.

I LOVE HOW YOU JUST HAVE TO PUT A ? OUT THERE AND THE ANSWER COMES!

I think tomorrow I will be able to test the new temporary fencing and Beau and the girls will be so excited after watching me today and trying to climb over their pasture fence.


No comments:

Post a Comment