Monday, March 23, 2020

A Great Wave of Gratitude

Last night I was looking at my computer wallpaper and I was suddenly aware of a great wave of gratitude.  The picture is of one of my best friends at one of my favorite places on earth with a look of contemplation.  I was grateful for my friend for sure but also for every blade of grass, ever grain of sand, the mountains and on and on.  What an exhilarating feeling.

In mid December, during a shamanic journey, I asked "owl" one of my guides, for wisdom for comfort.  He replied,"people are not in control".  I remember thinking that was really comforting.  It was comforting because we had been talking about how humans were continually really messing up the earth.  I think the thought is still comforting as we go through a global pandemic but I am not sure why.  Maybe it is because, since we are not in control of the virus, we have to stop flying which is a great relief to our Mother Earth.  Maybe we are using up fewer resources at this time as well.  There are some plusses to these troubling times.  Much to contemplate.

I am grateful for the comfort of this place I call home.  The mountains have always been a source of peace for me I think. I am grateful for my wonderiful husband and his enduring sense of humor.  He always has such interesting comments.  I am fortunate to have much space and many interesting projects.  I just wish I could have the help I anticipated having, to complete some of these projects.  When John's projects wane he helps with some of mine.  For that, I am super grateful.  I am making progress.
   I hope my feelings are shared by many.

No comments:

Post a Comment