Wednesday, August 19, 2015

"In The Loop"

When I sent an email to my "Virginia Fiber Enthusiasts" list, last night, to see if anyone wanted to come dye with natural dyes this weekend, I was not expecting the responses that I got.  There were the regular "if I don't have to work" or "in a crunch time, call me next time" that you expect to get but also many others as well.

  I usually expect to here from a couple who can come and a few regrets from people I see frequently that feel like they should let me know why they can't make it.  What I didn't expect was responses from people I haven't seen in a looooooong time who thanked me for keeping them in the loop.  People told me of the good memories that came up from getting my email; from special times here at Cabin Spring Farm to memories of dyeing wool with someone special in the past.  Some offered up their favorite plant material for dyeing and even where I might find some woad.  A friend who moved back to New England said she missed me and there was loads of golden rod there now.

Every time I send an email, I wonder who is getting it that is no longer interested and periodically I ask if anyone wants off the list.  Rarely does anyone ask to be removed and there are over eighty residences that receive these emails.  I guess part of the reason they don't ask to be removed is that I send out emails to this group very infrequently.

One response asked about the critters and how were they doing and was the pasture getting enough rain.

The best part though, is that for some it reminds them of something they once did (that they really enjoyed) and may do again some day.

I hesitated to send out the invite to this whole list instead of just asking a few people,  but now I am glad that I did.  It is important to Keep People in the Loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment