Sunday, July 19, 2015

Busy in July

I guess I better pick up the pace a bit in case there are a few loyal followers that want to know what is going on at Cabin Spring Farm.

For one thing, the babies are growing.  Look how big Eloise has gotten.

 
I don't see the chicks much.  They are always scurrying around somewhere, and when I do see them, I don't have my camera.  Eloise, on the other hand, is always about,  acting like a princess and basking in the sun.  

Sometimes, she plops herself in the gateway when the sheep are over behind the garage/barn.  The other day, Sarah wanted to come back to the barn and Eloise was in the gateway.  Sal ran right over Eloise to tell Sarah, "then was not a good time".  I am glad it was just Sal, that stepped on -the gosling that seems to think only of herself.  It is a good thing she is so cute.  

There is so much to think about to try and keep everyone safe.  We lost the residing rooster, to a raccoon in the night .  At least I think it was a raccoon, because the hook lock was undone on the coop.  I added a barrel latch and no problems since.  I did finally catch a coon on the night camera in front of the coop.  Unfortunately, I don't have surveillance everywhere in the barnyard so unless the camera happens to be in the right place at the right time, many questions remain unanswered.  

Other than trying to keep everyone safe and happy, I have not been  a farmer too much lately.  Last week I put my talents to building, another past-time I really enjoy.  Next week,  I have a couple of girls to teach how to spin and weave, and this week-- a couple of days to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment