Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Extending the Grazing Season





I finally figured out how to do a video on YouTube, watch it full screen.

The sheep have a GOOD memory.  I opened the gate and out they ran up toward the house.  Cher hesitated, and looked around as if to say, "Are we suppose to go out this way."  This was a first for her, if you don't count the time last week she snuck out when I was bringing the little tractor into the barnyard.  That time it was just her and she didn't go very far.  It was a beautiful day and everyone was good.  Of course I went through the "don't get vines all over you,  don't eat the bark on the fruit trees, don't eat too fast, don't .........  the whole way up to the barn.

When I was working in the fiber shed they were right outside the windows.



When it was time to go back the sheep were ready but Cher had moved to the front yard and didn't want to leave.  So the sheep and I went to get her and I circled around behind Cher and pointed for her to go back.  She agreed and ran back with the sheep following her.  Too bad I didn't have the camera going then.  

A fine day with a new routine, at least for Cher. 

No comments:

Post a Comment