Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The 2nd Annual "Sheep Shearing and the Journey to Fiber Arts

Definitely, a success!!!  and Much fun.

Highlights: (in no particular order)
 One of our first visitors did not speak English but I could tell she was very excited about the Great Wheel (walking wheel) and the opportunity to spin on it.  Her husband went down and talked to the sheep.

I sold some raw fleece from Annie and Rosa.

Lots of families, and dads genuinely interested in the wool process.

One of my regular campers taught at least 3 people to spin.

My fiber friends teaching people to weave on a triangular loom and a peg loom.

The weather was perfect except for a little too much wind to put the tent up.

Rosemary and Jean making everything flow when I was scattered.  I wonder if I could do it without them.  I hope I don't have to find out.

A few pictures that I took.  More to come.




1 comment:

  1. I'm glad it was a success and someone took pictures. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete