Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sharing Space and a Place

The bird bath is DONE and in its place but I haven't seen any birds near it yet. I keep checking out the window. The handles are a vine that grows up trees here-- not sure what it is. The adornments are beach pottery from the shore of Lake Erie. The next step in taking care of all who call this property home.

When I first stood in front of our house taking in the incredible peace here, I knew that this was not just to be a home for John and I but also a place to be shared in some way. I am in the process of unraveling the plan and 3 clues have come up in the last 24 hours.

Yesterday afternoon, the friend I have been processing wool for, came to play with fleece and we were talking about the workshop scenario.

Then I got an email from one of my neighbors who I had shared some ideas with about having fiber retreats with people who want to connect or reconnect with a loved one around fiber. She was telling me about a friend of hers who has a friend who is going through some tough times who needs a place like this for a getaway for herself and her daughter. She also mentioned that this woman is looking for a good home for some llamas that she can no longer take care of and did I want some.

This afternoon I got a phone call from a former co-worker asking if she could bring a 9 year old client out to meet my animals.

I said yes to all (except the llamas) so now I will just have to see what happens next.

2 comments:

  1. You don't think Bo needs a friend? Maybe a girl friend? I wonder. If you can drink cow's milk, sheep's milk, goat, donkey and camel's milk, how about llama milk? I think you are missing a great opportunity here. I will sign up for your first retreat if you have room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you think Gail.

    Susan, I love the birdbath.

    ReplyDelete